Recently I had interesting conversation with dog trainer I respect greatly... she answered me when I mentioned new puppy peaks series that while she is very respectful of SG and her amazing success she would not be able to follow Ruff love because she wants her dogs to be family pets first and that is not what SG dogs are...
and I though to myself, once upon the time when I started recallers 1.0 program I had about same idea, that yes, I am not professional trainer neither do I care about winning WC so I can not expect from my dog what SG has with her dogs... but somewhere along the courses I have taken my thoughts have changed. Ruff love was never about putting limitations or restrictions on dog's life and thus not letting it be family pet, it is all about building relationship and finding joy in this relationship. I remember LOH in one webinars mentioned what sold her on SG training, when she arrived to see SG dogs run to the door then stopped, turned on a dime and waited for DaMama tell them it was ok to go and play/ meet with new person... I still don't care if we ever win any titles neither I think Ruff love is for everyone or that ANYONE has what it takes to be amazing dog trainer... but I do know now it is very possible to have a relationship I want and find a joy in it with my dogs...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment